Advertise with Community Education
Why Advertise With Us?
We have many reasons! An electronic copy of the catalog is on our website. Most of our customers register online, which means – our website is viewed a lot! We typically get 3,000-4,000 visits to our website per month from our local community. Your business website will be linked to your online catalog advertisement sending viewers directly to your website. (We reserve the right to not link if the site contains material that is in conflict with district policies or guidelines.)
Advertise in an attractive, informative catalog. It’s magazine style – about 8 ¼“ wide by 10 ¾“ high with full color throughout the catalog. The Community Education catalog is a major source for Lakeville Area School District residents to access information on programs, activities and resources for babies through seniors. Approximately 24,000 hard copies of the catalog are printed with more than 22,000 mailed to homes now including most of Elko New Market. Additional catalogs are distributed in prominent community locations.
If you haven’t seen our catalog lately, stop by Lakeville Area Community Education, any of the Lakeville Area schools, City Hall or the library to pick up a copy, call 952-232-2170 to have one sent to you or visit our website to see our online catalog. Our advertisers have found it to be an effective means for local advertising. We have many repeat advertisers! More bang for your buck – compare with others, you’ll find our advertising is a great value.
Who can Advertise?
Advertising is preferred from organizations, programs and services related to Health, Arts, Education, Recreation or Community Events. Advertisements from organizations, programs or services that conflict or compete with District activities, programs or services will not be accepted (see “What else do I need to know?”).
When Does the Catalog Come Out?
The catalog is scheduled to be published three times in the school year.
Our next publication dates are:
Cost of Advertising
Advertising fees depend on the classification of the organization.
- Class 1 – School groups, non-profit organizations and government units that are advertising their organization or events that are free and open to the public. Non-profit organizations may be required to provide a 501c3 I.D. Number.
- Class 2 – School groups, non-profit organizations and government units which charge admission, registration or sell merchandise relating to the advertised event, program or service.
- Class 3 – Commercial and for-profit organizations.
A layout fee of $50 or more will be added to any ad that is not submitted “camera ready.” Changes in ads after submission may incur additional charges. Please proof your ads thoroughly before submitting them to Community Education. We will invoice you for the ad.
Make your check payable to “ISD #194” and send to: Enrichment & Marketing Manager, Lakeville Area Community Education 17685 Juniper Path, Suite 200, Lakeville, MN 55044.
How to Format and Submit Ads
- First call the Enrichment & Marketing Manager at 952-232-2170 to request ad space. Remember – first come, first serve!
- Ads must include the name of the organization and a contact telephone number or website address.
- Submit “camera ready” ads via e-mail. Submit in a high-resolution ( at least 300 dpi) PDF, JPG, or EPS format. Please be sure all fonts and graphics are embedded in the file. All text and graphics in black or CMYK (please convert photos to CMYK as well if you want them in color).
- Ads that are not submitted “camera ready” must still provide all text via e-mail. Limited placement of clipart or logos in JPG or EPS format may be requested. Layout fee will vary with amount of service required.
- Ads will be enclosed in a border if one is not already a part of the ad.
- Ads may not include a registration form or cut-out coupon.
- Submit your ad to Amanda.Cambronne@americanspage.com
Advertisements are accepted on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Inclusion of an advertisement is on a space available basis and is not guaranteed. If space does not allow for an ad, a full refund of the fees paid will be made. The Community Education Department will review and approve or reject ads for compliance to I.S.D. #194 policies and fit within the vision of the Lakeville Area School Community Education Catalog.
- Policy A-125, Advertising in the School District, states, “Advertisements may be rejected by the school district if determined to be inconsistent with the educational objectives of the school district or inappropriate for inclusion for the publication.”
Ads of the following nature will not be accepted: travel companies, credit card companies, insurance agencies, and alcohol or tobacco products. Ads may be denied if an organization has an overdue account payable to I.S.D. #194. The placement/location of ads within the publication is at the discretion of the Community Education Department.